What can I do for you?
My unique background and experience is especially suited to helping organizations in transition.
- Are you in the process of transforming instruction into new forms and formats to meet the changing needs of learners?
- Are you changing to a new LMS and need someone with skills in helping; gain audience buy-in, develop & deliver face-to-face and online training, and keep your organization moving forward?
- Are you trying to develop a new curriculum to meet new organizational outcomes?
- Are you trying to raise the level of learner engagement?
- Do you need your learners to develop authentic skills and knowledge to meet an external evaluating organization?
- Do you need effective, inclusive, ADA complaint e-learning?
These are just a few of the knowledge and skill items that I bring with me.
For many years, I have had the great privilege to be an Instructional Designer and faculty member in higher education. It is my love of learning that drew me to instructional design, where I learn from and collaborate with faculty across a spectrum of curriculums. My own experience as a faculty member teaching graduate courses in instructional design (ID) and e-learning development has been key in building rapport with subject matter experts.
- Develop and manage the schedule for online course development and delivery for assigned programs
- Communicate effectively with faculty about expectations and deadlines
- Develop new courses, and updating current courses
- Coordinate with teams associated with learning technologies to support instructional media.
- Design and develop multimedia components
- Identify strategies for improving processes & procedures
- Trouble shoot LMS issues as needed
- Special projects as assigned
Direct Faculty support:
- Instructional Strategies for face2face, hybrid, and online instruction
- One-to-one and group training on Planning and Designing
- Define expectations of course standards/outcomes based on organizational goals
- Feedback Loop - In-course / participant-level, learner-level, analysis
- Training on tools for instruction
- Edit instructional materials
- Troubleshoot and problem solve issues
- Motivate faculty members
- Prioritize time and have clear boundaries
Course/Program Design and Development support:
- Coordinate with departments and faculty in defining program and course expectations of course standards/outcomes based on organizational goals
- Create various types of user support materials including standard operating procedures, qualifications, manuals, adult learning education
- Develop appropriate training objectives and test methods to design instructionally valid training materials
- Design instructionally sound lesson plans incorporating a variety of delivery methods and media
- Interact with management and subject matter expert to ensure accuracy and instructional content
- Conduct and lead needs analysis, and evaluate effectiveness of learning solution
- Coordinate with all department and course stakeholders to assure course construction and maintenance schedules are being applied according to program goals
- Ensure that courses are designed with accessibility in mind
- Evaluate the instructional effectiveness of ID processes
- Apply standards associated with Quality Matters rubric or other assessment tool
- Coordinate the development of instructional materials
- Train faculty on emerging technologies
- Provide continuous assistance with course readiness and course transfer