Finding a way to demonstrate all the work that I have done over the past 20 years is a challenge because they are spread across courses, universities, and websites. I have collected a small sampling of my most recent work in education. Since some work has been for organizations that hold the rights to the material, I have limited permission to share, but where allowed I have included screen prints, and am happy to explain more about the project and process I took to execute the project successfully. If you do not see a sample of a specific type of project you are looking for, contact me and I will let you know if I have a work example that shows my expertise in that area.
Project: Social Media Campaigns (2016)
Description: Collaboration with faculty member to completely redesign course from a "knowledge recall" course into a full immersive authentic learning experience. The new goal became to guide the students through all the skills and knowledge needed to be a Social Media freelancer the day the course ends. .
Project: Principles of Management (2016)
Description: Collaboration with faculty member to completely redesign course from a "knowledge recall" course to be an authentic learning experience where students act in the real role of a manager in an organization.
Project: Econ101: Principles of Macroecon (2015)
Description: Collaboration with faculty member to redesign course lessons and activities from a face-to-face 15 week semester course to a 5 week online course.
Project: ENTR315 Entrepreneurship Practicum (2015)
Description: Collaboration with faculty member to redesign course to a "project centered" authentic learning experience course with immersive learning. Individual students or teams of students develop a company, product, and media campaign. Each team also prepared for a Shark Tank event.
Project: LTMS500 - Macro Instructional Design (2014)
Description: Developed the program curriculum, course objectives, lectures, instructional materials. Course instructor. [View Presentation-LTMS500-Ch4-IdentifSubord-an-EntrySkills.pdf]
Project: MATH100 - Survey of Mathematical Ideas (2016)
Description: Collaboration with faculty member to convert a 15 week course into a 5 week face-to-face compressed course with redesigned lessons into real-life application of number theory, geometry, topology, probability, statistics, computers, consumer mathematics and set theory. [Email me for details and specific instructional examples]
Project: LTMS518 - E-Learning Design (2017)
Description: Developed the program curriculum, course objectives, lectures, instructional materials. Course instructor. [Email me for details and specific instructional examples]
- Additional Examples available upon request -
E-LEARNING DESIGN / MICRO-LEARNING / PRODUCTS
Project: Open Educational Resource: Public Speaking: The Virtual Text - The Public Speaking Project
Description: In this project I helped the faculty member move from an idea to a design, development approach, and implementation strategy.
This website offers an assortment of virtual tools to help users improve their public speaking skills. A variety of speech professionals who are dedicated to providing free and low cost instructional materials contributed their original work.
Captivate Skills (Software Simulated training, Web/Product tours, E-Presentations, Responsive)
(1) Tool: Captivate - E-Presentation
Description: Faculty member needed a tool to present the process of using the Chi-Squared analysis. The tool needed to operate inside of an LMS exam where the students were assessed on their knowledge of Chi-Squared Analysis. [View Chi- Squared Project]
(2) Tool: Captivate - Software tour and presentation
Description: Client needed a method of delivering the new student orientation for students who could not attend the face to face orientation. [View Lancaster Seminary Online Student Orientation 2015]
INVITED LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS:
- $15 Screen Capture Software and a YouTube Account--Presto... You're a Help Center! Educause Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference 2010, Baltimore, MD (2010)
- A Collaborative Approach to Distance Learning Policy Development, Educause Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference 2008, Philadelphia, PA (2008)
- Teaching Gifted Students with Technology, Institute for Teachers of the Gifted, Millersville University, Millersville, PA (2006)
- Ahh... Now I get it: Using Turnitin Gradebook and Respondus StudyMate as tools for example-based learning, student assessment, and student record management. Resources for the Electronic Classroom (RECAP) Conference 2006, West Chester University of Pennsylvania, West Chester, PA (2006)
- Curriculum Redesign Workbook: Rebuilding the curriculum for online instruction, Educause Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference 2004, Baltimore, MD (2004)
- Curriculum Redesign Workbook: Rebuilding the curriculum for online instruction, Middle Tennessee Annual Instructional Technology Conference, Middle Tennessee State University, TN (2004)
ADVISORY BOARDS / GRANTS AWARDED
- State Grant: Successive Practice using Universal Curriculum Design Principles for Students with Disabilities to Maximize their Active Participation in Education. Millersville University, Millersville, PA (2007)
- Advisory Board: Harrisburg University of Technology, Learning Technologies Advisory Board: Worked with colleagues in the instructional design/training industry to develop a program curriculum that met the skills and knowledge needed by local, national, and international companies.
Harrisburg University of Technology (2006)
- Award: Preparing Tomorrow’s Teachers to use Technology (PT3)
In collaboration with Dr. Ojoma Edeh Herr, assumed the leadership role in establishing the first Assistive Technology Lab at Millersville University. This lab, resulting from the PT3 grant was in compliance with the federal law, Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004. The Assistive Technology Lab is primarily used to properly train pre-service teachers to use Assistive Technology in 21st century classrooms.
Millersville University, Millersville, PA (2004)